ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms T
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
The ITIL glossary provides you with definitions for the most important glossary terms and acronyms on the IT Infrastructure Library ITIL® (ITIL 4, ITIL 2011, ITIL V3 & V2) and ITSM (IT Service Management) in alphabetical order.
Look up all terms or browse alphabetically:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms starting with T
For quick access, all ITIL terms and definitions starting with "T" are listed below.
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
- Technical/ Administration Manual
- Technical Analyst
- Technical Management
- Test and QS Manager
- Test Manager
- Test Model
- Test Report
- Transition Planning and Support
Technical/ Administration Manual
- A document describing the procedures required to run and maintain a type of application or infrastructure component.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Application Development
- → Roles within ITIL, Technical Analyst
- The Technical Analyst is a Technical Management role which provides technical expertise and support for the management of the IT infrastructure.
- There is typically one Technical Analyst or team of analysts for every key technology area.
- This role plays an important part in the technical aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services.
- It is also responsible for developing the skills required to operate the IT infrastructure.
Test and QS Manager
- As an unbiased body, the Test and QS Manager has the task of ensuring the high quality of the result of a process.
- This role is therefore always used when applications or infrastructure components must be subjected to testing.
- → Roles within ITIL V2: Roles outside of IT Service Management
- → Roles within ITIL, Test Manager
- The Test Manager ensures that deployed Releases and the resulting services meet customer expectations, and verifies that IT operations is able to support the new service.
- A Test Model is created during the Release planning phase to specify in detail the testing approach used for deploying a Release into the productive environment. It is an important input for the Project Plan.
- Most importantly, this document defines the required quality assurance checkpoints during the Release deployment, as well as the required test scripts.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Service Validation and Testing
- A Test Report provides a summary of testing and assessment activities.
- A Test Report is created for example during Release tests in the Service Transition stage or during tests carried out by Availability, IT Service Continuity or Information Security Management.
- → ITIL processes,
Transition Planning and Support
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Project Management - Transition Planning and Support
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Source (partially): ITIL Glossaries/ Acronyms © Crown copyright. All rights reserved. Material is reproduced with the permission of the Cabinet Office under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO. — The complete ITIL Glossary compiled by APMG in conjunction with the Cabinet Office and TSO is available for download from the Internet.