ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms T
|ITIL Glossary Terms
This ITIL glossary includes definitions for key terms and acronyms of ITIL and ITSM (IT service management) in alphabetical order.
View the full list or use the alphabetical index:
|1 ... 9
ITIL Terms beginning with T
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
- Technical/ Administration Manual
- Technical Analyst
- Technical Management
- Test and QS Manager
- Test Manager
- Test Model
- Test Report
- Transition Planning and Support
Technical/ Administration Manual
- A document describing the procedures required to run and maintain a type of application or infrastructure component.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Application Development
- → Roles within ITIL, Technical Analyst
- The Technical Analyst is a Technical Management role which provides technical expertise and support for the management of the IT infrastructure.
- There is typically one Technical Analyst or team of analysts for every key technology area.
- This role plays an important part in the technical aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services.
- It is also responsible for developing the skills required to operate the IT infrastructure.
Test and QS Manager
- As an unbiased body, the Test and QS Manager has the task of ensuring the high quality of the result of a process.
- This role is therefore always used when applications or infrastructure components must be subjected to testing.
- → Roles within ITIL V2: Roles outside of IT Service Management
- → Roles within ITIL, Test Manager
- The Test Manager ensures that deployed Releases and the resulting services meet customer expectations, and verifies that IT operations is able to support the new service.
- A Test Model is created during the Release planning phase to specify in detail the testing approach used for deploying a Release into the productive environment. It is an important input for the Project Plan.
- Most importantly, this document defines the required quality assurance checkpoints during the Release deployment, as well as the required test scripts.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Service Validation and Testing
- A Test Report provides a summary of testing and assessment activities.
- A Test Report is created for example during Release tests in the Service Transition stage or during tests carried out by Availability, IT Service Continuity or Information Security Management.
- → ITIL processes,
Transition Planning and Support
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Project Management - Transition Planning and Support
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
 Source (partially): ITIL glossary and abbreviations © AXELOS Limited. All glosseries and terms for the AXELOS Global Best Practice Portfolio, including glosseries for ITIL v3 and ITIL 4 in various languages, are available for download on the AXELOS web site.