The ITIL templates (ITIL document templates) provided here can be used as checklists for the various documents and records created as outputs from the ITIL processes.
Our ITIL-compliant Reference Process Model contains 102 officially licensed checklists, and the most popular ITIL templates are available for download here in our ITIL Wiki.
The ITIL templates provided here were submitted to an official review by APM Group; they are thus officially ITIL® licensed.
ITIL Service Strategy Templates
ITIL Service Design Templates
- Service Level Agreement/ Operational Level Agreement (SLA OLA)
- Service Design Package (SDP)
- Capacity Plan
- Underpinning Contract (UC)
ITIL Service Transition Templates
ITIL Service Operation Templates
ITIL CSI Templates
Most popular ITIL Templates
These are the most popular, officially licensed ITIL templates and checklists:
Incident Record Template
An "Incident" is defined as an unplanned interruption or reduction in quality of an IT service. The details of an Incident and its complete history from registration to resolution are recorded in an Incident Record.
The Incident Record template explains the structure of the data typically contained in an Incident Record. You can use this checklist as a template when you start creating Incident Records in your own organization.
Service Portfolio Template
Are you looking for a Service Portfolio template? Our checklist will help you to get started:
The Service Portfolio represents a complete list of the services managed by the service provider. It contains present contractual commitments, new service development, and retired services. This template lists the tyypical items the Service Portfolio should include:
Request for Change (RFC)
A Request for Change is formal request for the implementation of a Change. An RFC, specifying the details of a proposed Change, must be submitted to Change Management for every non-standard Change. The RFC template explains what information is typically contained in an RFC.
Checklist CMS/ CMDB
The CMS/ CMDB template explains the concept of the Configuration Model. It highlights which information is typically held in the Configuration Management System (CMS) or in Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs) to describe Configuration Items (CIs).
Templates per ITIL Process
If you are looking for a set of free ITIL templates, here's a basic collection of templates and checklists from our ITIL Process Map:
Incident Management / Service Desk
- Checklist Incident Record
- Checklist Incident Priority
- Checklist Initial Analysis of an Incident
- Checklist Incident Escalation
- Checklist Closure of an Incident
- Checklist Incident Report
- Checklist Request for Change RFC
- Checklist Change Record
- Checklist Change Classification
- Checklist CAB Agenda
- Checklist Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC)
- Checklist Post Implementation Review (PIR)
Service Level Management
- Checklist SLA OLA
- Checklist Service Level Requirements (SLR)
- Checklist Service Specification Sheet
- Checklist Service Catalogue
- Checklist Service Level Report
- Checklist Protocol SLA Review
- Checklist Service Quality Plan (SQP)
IT Service Continuity Management
- Checklist ITSCM Risk Analysis
- Checklist IT Service Continuity Plan
- Checklist ITSCM Report
- Checklist Emergency Plan
- Checklist Protocol Disaster Practice
Service Portfolio Management
Definition of CSI Initiatives
Click to view the full 'ITIL Templates' infographic (608 x 1774 px).
Trademarks:  ITIL® and IT Infrastructure Library® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited.
Is based on: ITIL checklists and document templates from the ITIL Process Map