ITIL Implementation with Process Templates
What does it take to bring ITIL to life? Ultimately, organizations need to translate the text-based, often academical content of the ITIL books into specific processes. This is a demanding task and many organizations wonder how to begin.
In this situation, ITIL templates (see fig. 1 'ITIL Process Templates') provide a convenient and fast way to get started, because adapting existing content is usually much easier and quicker than starting with a blank page.
ITIL reference process templates
ITIL reference models contain professionally designed process templates for all ITIL processes. They support service providers in all steps of a typical ITIL initiative:
- The graphical and navigable representation helps organizations to understand the ITIL processes and their complex interrelationships.
- The process templates and the complementary ITIL project manual describe a time-tested approach to adopting the ITIL guidelines.
- The ITIL templates and ITIL checklists support process design and documentation: Organizations save lots of time and effort as they use and adapt existing content.
Example of an ITIL reference process model
The ITIL Process Map is a complete ITIL reference process model that has passed an official review by AXELOS, the owners of the ITIL® framework. It contains a complete set of process diagrams on four levels of detail that describe information flows, activities and responsibilities in the ITIL processes.
In addition, the ITIL Process Map includes an ITIL RACI matrix, a collection of ITIL KPIs, an ITIL glossary, and an ITIL implementation guide.
The ITIL Process Map is designed for use in all ITIL and service management initiatives; it is available for several popular applications and process management platforms such as Microsoft Visio®, ARIS™ or iGrafx®:
- ITIL Process Map: Benefits and contents
- ITIL Process Map for Microsoft Visio®
- FAQs - questions and answers about ITIL and ITIL process templates
- In the ITIL Wiki: A selection of free ITIL templates from the ITIL Process Map
Watch these videos with Stefan Kempter introducing the ITIL Process Map:
- Intro: The ITIL Process Map (10:58 min.)
- ITIL RACI matrix (4:20 min.)
- New: ITIL process templates for ITIL 4 (7:26 min.)
- All videos.
ITIL process templates on LinkedIn
We are on LinkedIn, where we keep you updated about ITIL®, the IT Process Wiki and our ITIL process templates.
Visit our showcase page: