Checklist Closure of an Incident
Checklist Category: ITIL Templates - Incident Management / Service Desk
Source: Checklist "Closure of an Incident" from the ITIL Process Map V2
The following entries of an Incident Record are investigated for their integrity and completeness during the closure of an Incident:
- Protocol of actions
- Person in charge
- Support Group
- Time and Date
- Description of the activity
- History of status changes, for example
- "New" into "Initial Analysis Completed"
- "Initial Analysis Completed" into "Assigned to 2nd Level Support"
- "Resolved" into "Closed"
- Documentation of applied Workarounds
- Documentation of the root cause of the Service interruption
- Documentation of the applied resolution to eliminate the root cause
- Date of the Incident resolution
- Date of the Incident closure