Checklist Closure of an Incident
ITIL Process: ITIL Service Operation - Incident Management
Checklist Category: ITIL Templates - Incident Management / Service Desk
Source: Checklist "Closure of an Incident" from the ITIL Process Map V2 | ⯈ ITIL Process Map V3
The following entries of an Incident Record are investigated for their integrity and completeness during the closure of an Incident:
- Protocol of actions
- Person in charge
- Support Group
- Time and Date
- Description of the activity
- History of status changes, for example
- "New" into "Initial Analysis Completed"
- "Initial Analysis Completed" into "Assigned to 2nd Level Support"
- "Resolved" into "Closed"
- Documentation of applied Workarounds
- Documentation of the root cause of the Service interruption
- Documentation of the applied resolution to eliminate the root cause
- Date of the Incident resolution
- Date of the Incident closure