ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms O
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
The ITIL glossary provides you with definitions for the most important glossary terms and acronyms on the IT Infrastructure Library ITIL® (ITIL 2011, ITIL V3 & V2) and IT Service Management (ITSM) in alphabetical order.
Look up all terms or browse alphabetically:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms starting with O
For quick access, all ITIL terms and definitions starting with "O" are listed below.
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
Operational Level Agreement (OLA)
- An agreement between an IT service provider and another part of the same organization.
- An OLA supports the IT service provider's delivery of services to customers.
- The OLA defines the goods or services to be provided and the responsibilities of both parties.
- For example there could be an OLA - between the IT service provider and a procurement department to obtain hardware in agreed times - between the Service Desk and a support group to provide Incident resolution in agreed times.
- → ITIL Checklist SLA - OLA
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Design > Service Level Management
- → Roles within ITIL, IT Operations Manager
- An IT Operations Manager will be needed to take overall responsibility for a number of Service Operation activities.
- For instance, this role will ensure that all day-to-day operational activities are carried out in a timely and reliable way.
- → Roles within ITIL, IT Operator
- IT Operators are the staff who perform the day-to-day operational activities.
- Typical responsibilities include: Performing backups, ensuring that scheduled jobs are performed, installing standard equipment in the data center.
Outline of Service Requirements
- The desired outcome of a service, stated in terms of required service functionality (utility) and service levels (warranty).
- Based on this information, detailed service requirements are specified during the Service Design stage.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Strategy > Business Relationship Management
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Source (partially): ITIL Glossaries/ Acronyms © Crown copyright. All rights reserved. Material is reproduced with the permission of the Cabinet Office under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO. — The complete ITIL Glossary compiled by APMG in conjunction with the Cabinet Office and TSO is available for download from the Internet.