ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms O
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
This ITIL glossary includes definitions for key terms and acronyms of ITIL and ITSM (IT service management) in alphabetical order.
View the full list or use the alphabetical index:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms beginning with O
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
Operational Level Agreement (OLA)
- An agreement between an IT service provider and another part of the same organization.
- An OLA supports the IT service provider's delivery of services to customers.
- The OLA defines the goods or services to be provided and the responsibilities of both parties.
- For example there could be an OLA - between the IT service provider and a procurement department to obtain hardware in agreed times - between the Service Desk and a support group to provide Incident resolution in agreed times.
- → ITIL Checklist SLA - OLA
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Design > Service Level Management
- → Roles within ITIL, IT Operations Manager
- An IT Operations Manager will be needed to take overall responsibility for a number of Service Operation activities.
- For instance, this role will ensure that all day-to-day operational activities are carried out in a timely and reliable way.
- → Roles within ITIL, IT Operator
- IT Operators are the staff who perform the day-to-day operational activities.
- Typical responsibilities include: Performing backups, ensuring that scheduled jobs are performed, installing standard equipment in the data center.
Outline of Service Requirements
- The desired outcome of a service, stated in terms of required service functionality (utility) and service levels (warranty).
- Based on this information, detailed service requirements are specified during the Service Design stage.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Strategy > Business Relationship Management
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
 Source (partially): ITIL glossary and abbreviations © AXELOS Limited. All glosseries and terms for the AXELOS Global Best Practice Portfolio, including glosseries for ITIL v3 and ITIL 4 in various languages, are available for download on the AXELOS web site.
By: Stefan Kempter and Andrea Kempter , IT Process Maps.
ITIL Wiki › ITIL Glossary › ITIL Glossary: Terms starting with O