ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms D
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
The ITIL glossary provides you with definitions for the most important glossary terms and acronyms on the IT Infrastructure Library ITIL® (ITIL 2011, ITIL V3 & V2) and IT Service Management (ITSM) in alphabetical order.
Look up all terms or browse alphabetically:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms starting with D
For quick access, all ITIL terms and definitions starting with "D" are listed below.
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
- Data for Project Plan Update
- Definition of Improvement Initiatives
- Definitive Media Library (DML)
- Definitive Software Library (DSL)
- Demand Management
- Demand Manager
- Design Coordination
- Desired Service Outcomes
- Development/ Installation QA Documentation
- Development Work Order
- Disaster Practice
- Disaster Recovery Invocation Guideline
Data for Project Plan Update
- Actual data related to project progress and resource consumption.
- This information is sent from Release Management to Project Management as input for Project Control and Reporting.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Project Management - Transition Planning and Support
Definition of Improvement Initiatives
Definitive Media Library (DML)
- The Definitive Media Library (DML) is the secure logical library in which the definitive authorized versions of all media CIs are stored and protected.
- The DML typically consists of one or more software file-storage areas, as well as physical stores holding, for example, master copies on CD/DVD.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Service Asset and Configuration Management
Definitive Software Library (DSL)
- One or more locations in which the definitive and approved versions of all software Configuration Items are securely stored.
- The DSL may also contain associated CIs such as licenses and documentation.
- The DSL is a single logical storage area even if there are multiple locations.
- All software in the DSL is under the control of Change and Release Management and is recorded in the CMDB.
- Only software from the DSL is acceptable for use in a Release.
- → Definitive Media Library (DML) - ITIL V3
- → ITIL processes, Configuration Management - ITIL V2
- → Roles within ITIL, Demand Manager
- The role Demand Manager has been introduced in ITIL 2011 to perform the activities in the Demand Management process.
- The Demand Manager is responsible for understanding, anticipating and influencing customer demand for services.
- The Demand Manager works with capacity management to ensure that the service provider has sufficient capacity to meet the required demand.
Desired Service Outcomes
- The desired outcomes of a service, stated in the language of the customer.
- Based on this information, more detailed documents are created to specify the requirements in the service provider's language.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Strategy > Business Relationship Management
Development/ Installation QA Documentation
- A documentation of tests and quality assurance measures applied during the development or installation of applications, systems and other infrastructure components (e.g. component tests, code walk-throughs, ...).
- A complete Development/ Installation QA Documentation testifies that the required QA measures were applied prior to handing a Release component over to Release Management.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Service Validation and Testing
Development Work Order
- A Work Order for the development or customization of an application or system, typically issued from Release Management.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Transition > Release and Deployment Management
Disaster Recovery Invocation Guideline
- A document produced by IT Service Continuity Management with detailed instructions on when and how to invoke the procedure for fighting a disaster.
- Most importantly, the guideline defines the first steps to be taken by 1st Level Support after learning that a (suspected) disaster has occurred.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Design > IT Service Continuity Management
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Source (partially): ITIL Glossaries/ Acronyms © Crown copyright. All rights reserved. Material is reproduced with the permission of the Cabinet Office under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO. — The complete ITIL Glossary compiled by APMG in conjunction with the Cabinet Office and TSO is available for download from the Internet.