ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms M
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
This ITIL glossary includes definitions for key terms and acronyms of ITIL and ITSM (IT service management) in alphabetical order.
View the full list or use the alphabetical index:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms beginning with M
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
- Maintenance Plan/ SOP
- Major Incident Review
- Major Incident Team
- Major Problem Review
- Minor Change
- Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
Maintenance Plan/ SOP
- A plan produced by Availability Management to define frequency and scope of preventative maintenance for service-critical applications and infrastructure components under control of Availability Management.
- Maintenance Plans are sometimes known as Standard Operating Procedures.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Design > Availability Management
- Major Incidents cause serious interruptions of business activities and must be solved with greater urgency.
- → Checklist Incident Priority: Major Incidents
Major Incident Review
- A Major Incident Review takes place after a Major Incident has occurred.
- The review documents the Incident's underlying causes (if known) and the complete resolution history, and identifies opportunities for improving the handling of future Major Incidents.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Operation > Incident Management
Major Incident Team
- → Roles within ITIL, Major Incident Team
- A dynamically established team of IT managers and technical experts, usually under the leadership of the Incident Manager, formulated to concentrate on the resolution of a Major Incident.
Major Problem Review
- → ITIL sub-process, Major Problem Review
- → ITIL sub-process, Minor Change Deployment
Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) > Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
 Source (partially): ITIL glossary and abbreviations © AXELOS Limited. All glosseries and terms for the AXELOS Global Best Practice Portfolio, including glosseries for ITIL v3 and ITIL 4 in various languages, are available for download on the AXELOS web site.
By: Stefan Kempter and Andrea Kempter , IT Process Maps.
ITIL Wiki › ITIL Glossary › ITIL Glossary: Terms starting with M