ITIL Glossary/ ITIL Terms M
|ITIL Glossary Terms|
The ITIL glossary provides you with definitions for the most important glossary terms and acronyms on the IT Infrastructure Library ITIL® (ITIL 4, ITIL 2011, ITIL V3 & V2) and ITSM (IT Service Management) in alphabetical order.
Look up all terms or browse alphabetically:
|1 ... 9|
ITIL Terms starting with M
For quick access, all ITIL terms and definitions starting with "M" are listed below.
Please click on one of the terms to see its definition.
- Maintenance Plan/ SOP
- Major Incident Review
- Major Incident Team
- Major Problem Review
- Minor Change
- Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
Maintenance Plan/ SOP
- A plan produced by Availability Management to define frequency and scope of preventative maintenance for service-critical applications and infrastructure components under control of Availability Management.
- Maintenance Plans are sometimes known as Standard Operating Procedures.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Design > Availability Management
- Major Incidents cause serious interruptions of business activities and must be solved with greater urgency.
- → Checklist Incident Priority: Major Incidents
Major Incident Review
- A Major Incident Review takes place after a Major Incident has occurred.
- The review documents the Incident's underlying causes (if known) and the complete resolution history, and identifies opportunities for improving the handling of future Major Incidents.
- → ITIL processes, ITIL Service Operation > Incident Management
Major Incident Team
- → Roles within ITIL, Major Incident Team
- A dynamically established team of IT managers and technical experts, usually under the leadership of the Incident Manager, formulated to concentrate on the resolution of a Major Incident.
Major Problem Review
- → ITIL sub-process, Major Problem Review
- → ITIL sub-process, Minor Change Deployment
Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
 ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Source (partially): ITIL Glossaries/ Acronyms © Crown copyright. All rights reserved. Material is reproduced with the permission of the Cabinet Office under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO. — The complete ITIL Glossary compiled by APMG in conjunction with the Cabinet Office and TSO is available for download from the Internet.