IT Service Continuity Management - ITIL V2
ITIL Version: ITIL V2 → see also IT Service Continuity Management - ITIL V3
Process-Objective: IT Service Continuity Management defines and plans all measures and processes for unpredicted events of disaster. The regular analysis of vulnerabilities, threats and risks represents a basis for suitable precautions.
Part of: Service Delivery
Process Owner: IT Service Continuity Manager
Carry out ITSCM Risk Analysis
- Process objective: Identification of the risks from a business viewpoint and linking those risks to IT Services and infrastructure components.
Create IT Service Continuity Plan
- Process objective: Identification of measures with the aim of being prepared for potential disasters; establishment of the organizational conditions for disaster precaution.
Determine Technical Measures for Containing Risks
- Process objective: Determination of concrete technical measures in order to reduce the risks in association with events of disaster; compilation of corresponding RFCs.
Commission Measures for the Increase in Availability
- Process objective: After the successful clearance of the Change, the implementation planning is to be detailed; subsequently the implementation is commissioned to suitable technical experts within Application or Infrastructure Management.
Carry out Organizational Measures for Containing Risks
- Process objective: Definition and implementation of organizational measures in order to be prepared for the event of a disaster.
Practice the Event of Disaster
- Process objective: The prepared arrangements for the event of a disaster are to be submitted to a realistic test, in order to confirm that these arrangements are functional and sufficient.
Carry out ITSCM Reporting
- Process objective: Reporting on changes to the risk-situation as well as on the status of counter-measures for the preparation for disaster events.
- Application Manager
- IT Service Continuity Manager: In ITIL V2 the IT Service Continuity Manager defines and plans all measures and processes for unpredicted events of catastrophe. As a basis for suitable precautions, the regular analysis of vulnerabilities, threats and risks is required.
- ITC Infrastructure Manager
- Test and QS Manager
- User: The user refers, for example as a user of an application, to the IT Service Organization, for the purpose of reporting Interruptions or to place Service Requests. Typically the Service Desk serves as the single point-of-contact for the user.