Financial Management for IT Services
ITIL Version: ITIL V2 → see also Financial Management - ITIL V3
Process-Objective: Financial Management for IT Services ensures the most economical usage of IT Financial resources and charges clients for the provision of IT Services. During this, a balanced relationship between quality and costs must be achieved whilst taking into account the client's requirements. The carrying out of the regular budget planning and the clearance of approved financial means is also one of Financial Management's tasks.
Part of: Service Delivery
Process Owner: Financial Manager for IT Services
Define Structures for Financial Management
- Process objective: Define the structures necessary for the management of financial planning data and costs, as well as for the allocation of costs to IT Services.
Carry out Budget Planning Session
- Process objective: Carrying out the budget planning session for a particular planning period, taking into account the interests of business and IT organization, so that the best possible use is made of the available financial resources.
Operational Administration of IT Budget
- Process objective: Monitoring of the actual usage of the IT budget, so that only previously planned expenditures are made; handling of unforeseen budget requirements.
Allocate Costs for the Provision of IT Services
- Process objective: Allocation of the costs incurred within the IT organization, so that these can be apportioned to the individual IT Services.
Issue Invoice for IT Services
- Process objective: Issuing of an invoice for the provision of IT Services and transmission of this invoice to the client.
Carry out Financial Management Reporting
- Process objective: Reporting on planned/ actual figures regarding costs for providing IT Services, revenues, and IT budget, as well as on identified potentials for cost-optimization.
Optimize Costs of Providing IT Services
- Process objective: Identification of potentials for cost-optimization with regards to the provision of IT services.
- Financial Manager: In ITIL V2 the Financial Manager ensures the most economical usage of the IT Financial resources and the invoicing of clients for the provision of IT Services. During this a balanced relationship between quality and costs must be achieved by means of the incorporation of client requirements. His tasks also comprise the carrying out of the regular budgetary planning and the clearance of approved financial means.
Related Checklists and KPIs