ITIL CSI - Continual Service Improvement
Objective: The ITIL Continual Service Improvement (CSI) process uses methods from quality management in order to learn from past successes and failures. The CSI process aims to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes and services, in line with the concept of continual improvement adopted in ISO 20000.
Processes: ITIL Continual Service Improvement
CSI continually improves the effectiveness and efficiency of services and processes.
As per ITIL 2011, the following main processes are part of the ITIL stage Continual Service Improvement (CSI):
- Service Review
- Process Objective: To review business services and infrastructure services on a regular basis. The aim of this process is to improve service quality where necessary, and to identify more economical ways of providing a service where possible.
- Process Evaluation
- Process Objective: To evaluate processes on a regular basis. This includes identifying areas where the targeted process metrics are not reached, and holding regular benchmarkings, audits, maturity assessments and reviews.
- Definition of CSI Initiatives
- Process Objective: To define specific initiatives aimed at improving services and processes, based on the results of service reviews and process evaluations. The resulting initiatives are either internal initiatives pursued by the service provider on his own behalf, or initiatives which require the customer’s cooperation.
- Monitoring of CSI Initiatives
- Process Objective: To verify if improvement initiatives are proceeding according to plan, and to introduce corrective measures where necessary.
KPIs | Templates | Roles
- KPIs for Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- CSI templates and checklists
- ITIL roles within Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
Use the following links to open the process overview of Continual Service Improvement (CSI) showing the most important interfaces:
[ Infobox ]
|Link to this page:||http://wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/ITIL_CSI_-_Continual_Service_Improvement|
|Languages:||English | Deutsch | español|
|Image:||ITIL 2011 CSI processes (.JPG)|
|Author:||Stefan Kempter, IT Process Maps|