This set of ITIL templates (ITIL document templates) can be used as checklists for defining ITIL process outputs. The ITIL templates can also serve as guidelines which are helpful during process execution.
ITIL 2011 Templates
During the process of updating the ITIL Process Map to ITIL V3 2011 Edition, we also aligned our set of free ITIL templates and checklists to ITIL 2011. At the same time we took the opportunity to revise and enhance the ITIL document templates, taking into account customer feedback on the V3 versions.
There are now 102 checklists contained in our ITIL-2011-compliant Reference Process Model, and we make the most sought-after ITIL templates available for you in our ITIL Wiki.
The following ITIL 2011 templates were submitted to an official review by APM Group; they are thus officially ITIL® licensed. These ready-to-use templates and checklists are also a good starting point for designing ISO 20000 compliant documents and records.
ITIL Service Strategy Templates
ITIL Service Design Templates
- Service Level Agreement/ Operational Level Agreement (SLA OLA)
- Service Design Package (SDP)
- Capacity Plan
- Underpinning Contract (UC)
ITIL Service Transition Templates
ITIL Service Operation Templates
ITIL CSI Templates
Most popular ITIL Templates
These are the most sought-after, officially licensed ITIL 2011 templates and checklists:
Incident Record Template
An "Incident" is defined as an unplanned interruption or reduction in quality of an IT service. The details of an Incident and its complete history from registration to resolution are recorded in an Incident Record.
The Incident Record template explains the structure of the data typically contained in an Incident Record. You can use this checklist as a template when you start creating Incident Records in your own organization.
Service Portfolio Template
Are you looking for a Service Portfolio template? Our checklist will help you to get started:
The Service Portfolio represents a complete list of the services managed by the service provider. It contains present contractual commitments, new service development, and retired services. This template lists the tyypical items the Service Portfolio should include:
Request for Change (RFC)
A Request for Change is formal request for the implementation of a Change. An RFC, specifying the details of a proposed Change, must be submitted to Change Management for every non-standard Change. The RFC template explains what information is typically contained in an RFC.
Checklist CMS/ CMDB
The CMS/ CMDB template explains the concept of the Configuration Model. It highlights which information is typically held in the Configuration Management System (CMS) or in Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs) to describe Configuration Items (CIs).
Templates per ITIL Process
If you are looking for a set of free ITIL templates, here a basic collection of templates and checklists from our ITIL Process Map:
Incident Management / Service Desk
- Checklist Incident Record
- Checklist Incident Priority
- Checklist Initial Analysis of an Incident
- Checklist Incident Escalation
- Checklist Closure of an Incident
- Checklist Incident Report
- Checklist Problem Record
- Checklist Problem Priority
- Checklist Closure of a Problem
- Checklist Problem Report
- Checklist Request for Change RFC
- Checklist Change Record
- Checklist Change Classification
- Checklist CAB Agenda
- Checklist Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC)
- Checklist Post Implementation Review (PIR)
Service Level Management
- Checklist SLA OLA
- Checklist Service Level Requirements (SLR)
- Checklist Service Specification Sheet
- Checklist Service Catalogue
- Checklist Service Level Report
- Checklist Protocol SLA Review
- Checklist Service Quality Plan (SQP)
IT Service Continuity Management
- Checklist ITSCM Risk Analysis
- Checklist IT Service Continuity Plan
- Checklist ITSCM Report
- Checklist Emergency Plan
- Checklist Protocol Disaster Practice
Service Portfolio Management
Definition of CSI Initiatives