IT Process Wiki - the ITIL® Wiki: This Wiki is about the IT Infrastructure Library ITIL® (ITIL 2011, ITIL V3 & V2), ISO 20000 and IT Service Management (ITSM). It is intended to promote more widespread use of Best Practices by IT professionals.  IT Process Wiki is run and sponsored by IT Process Maps, creators of the ITIL Process Map. The ITIL Wiki was started in 2007; it is available in English, German: ITIL-Wiki auf Deutsch and Spanish: Wiki de ITIL en español.
What you will find here:
- Introductory information on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Reference material on ITIL, IT Service Management and ISO 20000.
- Detailed guidance on ITIL and ITSM process management.
- The most relevant news on ITIL and ITIL 2011: ITIL Wiki News
The ITIL Wiki: All about ITIL 2011 (ITIL V3 2011 Edition)
The ITIL Wiki offers complete coverage of ITIL and the ITIL Service Lifecycle (see Fig. 1: ITIL Wiki).
Take a look at the following pages on the ITIL stages, including detailed descriptions of the ITIL processes and sub-processes, complete with their inputs and outputs, corresponding ITIL roles, and metrics (KPIs):
- ITIL 2011 vs. ITIL V3 2007 - The main changes and differences between ITIL V3 2007 and ITIL 2011.
- Revised and enhanced - the most sought-after ITIL Templates and Checklists, explaining the most important ITIL process outputs in detail.
- Free resources for ITIL 2011 and ISO 20000: Officially ITIL® licensed ITIL 2011 Templates.
- Definitions of roles and responsibilities: The main characteristics of specific ITIL roles according to ITIL V3 2011 edition.
- New: Detailed responsibility matrices, following the commonly known RACI model, for all ITIL processes and sub-processes. Example: The RACI matrix for Incident Management.
- The ITIL Glossary with the most popular and essential terms used in ITIL® and IT Service Management (ITSM).
- The glossary provides you with definitions for the most important ITIL glossary terms and acronyms (ITIL versions 2011, V3 and V2).
- Related contents of the ITIL Wiki, like ITIL process descriptions, role definitions and ITIL templates can be reached via links.
- Adopting ITIL in practice: A tried and tested approach to implementing ITIL.
- The ITIL Implementation Guide in 10 Steps gives detailed instructions on how to set up and carry out ITIL implementation projects. It can serve as a guideline for a wide range of ITIL and ISO 20000 initiatives.
- At a glance: Infographic "ITIL Implementation"
The ITIL Wiki: Contents
|What is ITIL?||ITIL Knowledge: Reference material on ITIL and IT Service Management|
|ITIL Processes||Detailed ITIL process descriptions - ITIL V3 (ITIL 2011 / ITIL 2007) and ITIL V2. Process overviews in pdf format for download.|
|ITIL Glossary||Navigable ITIL glossary offering direct access to all ITIL terms, ITIL process definitions and roles|
|ITIL 2011 vs. ITIL V3 2007||Comparison between ITIL 2011 and ITIL V3 2007 ("ITIL Version 3") - the main changes and differences|
|ITIL V3 vs. ITIL V2||Comparison between ITIL V3 and ITIL V2 - the main changes and differences|
|ITIL Templates & Checklists||A comprehensive collection of ITIL checklists and ITIL templates|
|ITIL Roles||Definitions of the ITIL roles and responsibilities|
|ITIL KPIs||ITIL key performance indicators (KPI). A list of metrics for measuring ITIL process outcomes|
|ITIL Implementation||ITIL Implementation in 10 Steps. Guidance on how to set up and carry out ITIL/ ITSM projects|
|ITIL Process Templates||ITIL Implementation based on ITIL Templates|
|ISO 20000||ISO/IEC 20000 Certification for IT Organizations|
|Process Management||ITIL Process Management techniques - implementing and retaining Best Practice principles|
|Project Management||Essential also for your ITIL project: Basic knowledge, checklists and tips for Project Management|
|ITSM Events||Public calendar of Service Management events throughout the world|
The People behind the ITIL Wiki
IT Process Maps
IT Process Maps, founded in 2006 by Stefan Kempter and Andrea Kempter, specializes in the provision of Reference Process Models ("ITIL process templates") for the IT organization based on time-tested Best-Practice recommendations.
Our well-founded know-how in the fields of IT Management as well as Process and Project Management stems from many years of experience as IT line managers and business consultants, working for leading businesses worldwide from a broad spectrum of industries. Our business is the provision of ready-to-use process templates and know-how to support you in your ITIL and ISO 20000 projects:
The ITIL Process Map is a professional, complete and well-structured ITIL process model. We designed it
- To give our customers an easy access into ITIL.
- To enable them to take their ITIL or ISO/IEC 20000 initiative into their own hands, reducing the need for external consulting.
The ITIL® Process Map (ITIL Process Map V3 2011 Edition) is available
- As a complete process model for Microsoft Visio™ - in an upgraded version for MS Visio 2010/ MS Visio 2013.
- As an ITIL Reference Model for ARIS™.
- And for iGrafx® Flowcharter™/ Process™, PRIMERO, and IBM® Rational®.
The process model covers all five ITIL core disciplines with the complete ITIL 2011 Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL Process Map on which this ITIL Wiki is based, has successfully passed a thorough review by APMG, resulting in the awarding of the ITIL® Licensed Product logo.
Lea-Cox & Associates
Lea-Cox & Associates (LCA) started out in 1998 as a consultancy focused on Service Management and Intangible Value Management.
LCA has deep experience in Service Management (SM) and its underlying dynamics, also of the architecture of business and in particular Enterprise Architecture tools and techniques. It provides expert assistance enabling its customers to plan, design, construct, implement and manage
- An appropriate Service Management System.
- The right Business Services for an organization.
Together with IT Process Maps, LCA developed an enhanced Service Management Architecture for IBM® Rational® System Architect®.
 ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. — IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.