ITIL Implementation with Process Templates
Aligning an IT organization with ITIL or obtaining an ISO 20000 certification invariably means translating the text-based, often academical content of the ITIL books into every-day business practices.
Figuring out how the text-based recommendations from the ITIL books translate into implementable ITIL process flows requires a lot of time and effort. Using ITIL process templates you don't have to do this on your own or with the help of consultants.
ITIL Reference Process Templates
Starting from existing ITIL templates rather than from a white sheet of paper is a huge advantage: A standard ITIL Reference Process Model contains complete and professionally designed process templates for all standard ITIL processes.
A well-designed ITIL Reference Process Model supports an IT organization in all the necessary steps of a typical ITIL initiative:
- The graphical and navigable representation facilitates an understanding of the ITIL processes and their complex interrelationships.
- The various process models and the complementary project manual provide guidance on how to set up and carry out ITIL initiatives.
- Process design and documentation are done by adapting the provided ITIL templates and ITIL checklists to the IT organization's specific needs.
Example for an ITIL Reference Process Model: The ITIL Process Map
The ITIL Process Map V3 2011 Edition is a complete ITIL Reference Process Model. It contains a complete set of process overviews and activity flows for IT Service Management according to ITIL.
The ITIL Process Map is designed for use in all ITIL and ISO 20000 initiatives; it is available for the most widely used Process Management platforms - e.g. Microsoft Visio® or the ARIS Process Platform™:
- General information on the ITIL Process Map
- Example: Contents of the ITIL Process Map for Microsoft Visio®
- FAQ - Questions and answers on ITIL and ITIL process templates
- Free ITIL templates from the ITIL Process Map V3 2011 Edition
A first introduction to the ITIL Process Map with contents from the ITIL Service Operation and Incident Management processes
A recorded version of the webinars on the ITIL process model we offer on our web site.
ITIL® Process Map on Google+
The ITIL Process Map is now on Google+, where we keep you updated about new posts and any other news relevant to ITIL, ISO 20000 and the latest news on our ITIL process templates.
[ Infobox ]
|Link to this page:||http://wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/ITIL_Implementation_with_Process_Templates|
|Languages:||English | Deutsch | español|
|Image:||ITIL Process Templates (.JPG)|
|Author:||Stefan Kempter, IT Process Maps|