ITIL Service Transition
Objective: The objective of ITIL Service Transition is to build and deploy IT services. Service Transition also makes sure that changes to services and Service Management processes are carried out in a coordinated way.
Processes: ITIL Service Transition
Service Transition builds and deploys new or modified services.
As per ITIL 2011, the following main processes are part of the ITIL stage Service Transition:
- Change Management
- Process Objective: To control the lifecycle of all Changes. The primary objective of Change Management is to enable beneficial Changes to be made, with minimum disruption to IT services.
- Change Evaluation
- Process Objective: To assess major Changes, like the introduction of a new service or a substantial change to an existing service, before those Changes are allowed to proceed to the next phase in their lifecycle.
- Project Management (Transition Planning and Support)
- Process Objective: To plan and coordinate the resources to deploy a major Release within the predicted cost, time and quality estimates.
- Application Development
- Process Objective: To make available applications and systems which provide the required functionality for IT services. This process includes the development and maintenance of custom applications as well as the customization of products from software vendors.
- Release and Deployment Management
- Process Objective: To plan, schedule and control the movement of releases to test and live environments. The primary goal of Release Management is to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
- Service Validation and Testing
- Process Objective: To ensure that deployed Releases and the resulting services meet customer expectations, and to verify that IT operations is able to support the new service.
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Process Objective: To maintain information about Configuration Items required to deliver an IT service, including their relationships.
- Knowledge Management
- Process Objective: To gather, analyze, store and share knowledge and information within an organization. The primary purpose of Knowledge Management is to improve efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
KPIs | Templates | Roles
- KPIs for Service Transition
- Service Transition templates and checklists
- ITIL roles within Service Transition
Use the following links to open the process overview of Service Transition showing the most important interfaces:
[ Infobox ]
|Link to this page:||http://wiki.en.it-processmaps.com/index.php/ITIL_Service_Transition|
|Languages:||English | Deutsch | español|
|Image:||ITIL 2011 Service Transition processes (.JPG)|
|Author:||Stefan Kempter, IT Process Maps|